Enable VoWi-Fi on Poco devices with JIO / airtel network
Hello Guys, We the entire team of CatMouse is once again back with our new blog on how to enable calls over wifi with Jio & airtel network? Reliance Jio & Bharti Airtel have just announced VoWi-Fi calling support on their network. The technology is already available in other areas and has ultimately arrived in India. The question that may arise in everyone’s mind is, What is VoWi-Fi? How is it different from VoLTE? What it does & how to enable it. In this blog, we have entire answers to your queries.
What is VoWi-Fi?
VoWi-Fi is termed as Voice over Wi-Fi. The main purpose is basically for making calls using a Wi-Fi connection. To make Voice over IP (VoIP) calls, it uses IEEE 802.11 wireless LANs based networks. In other terms, the feature will let you make normal calls using Wi-Fi when you are in places with no or low network signals. The technology is now available with Jio & airtel networks with the latest iOS & Android smartphones.
What is the difference between VoWi-Fi & VoLTE?
Voice over LTE or VoLTE was a step up from 2G regular network-based calls. Instead of 2 G network, it uses LTE or 4G networks to make voice calls. This allows high-quality voice calls and also makes certain that the user can even use the internet while on a phone call.
While VoLTE still needs you to stay connected to a mobile network. VoWi-Fi will help you make calls even without the internet as it uses Wi-Fi internet connection for calling.
How to enable VoWi-Fi on Poco devices with JIO/ airtel network?
- Initially, open the setting of your Poco device.
- After that, head over to the Sim cards & mobile networks option in the setting.
- Select your sim slot JIO or airtel.
- Finally, visit the sim card settings & there enable the Use VoLTE & Make calls using Wi-Fi.
How to make VoWi-Fi calls?
Once you enable Wi-Fi calling on your smartphone, it should automatically fire in cases where you are on a low network or completely out of the mobile network. However, do not attempt to make calls while on Airplane mode as the phone requires to confirm if the network is really down.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- If you have Wi-Fi in your home, you will be able to now make calls through your Airtel or Jio number even if the 4G signal is very weak.
- It saves LTE data while making calls.
- Use your current phone number. No need for different Airtel pack, 3rd party app or logins.
- Wi-fy calling doesn’t support roaming calls or international calls from a foreign country to India.
- It doesn’t function if the Airplane mode is turned on.
Is there any extra charge for it?
Jio & Airtel do not charge any extra cost for VoWi-Fi Calling. But, some data will be consumed from the Wi-Fi network you are using.
We wish that you would certainly like our article. Don’t forget to share our page on social media platforms if you liked it.